A half crime Drama/half legal procedure focusing on the Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D) Detectives who investigate murders involving the people on the streets of London and the Crown Prosecutors who prosecute the defendants in court.The police half focuses on the exciting case load of London Metropolitan Murder Investigation Unit (M.I.U) made up of dedicated officers including recovering alcoholic senior Detective Sergeant (D.S) Ronnie Brooks (Bradley Walsh), who substitutes booze with food, and the younger, smoother junior Detective Sergeant (D.S) Sam Casey (Paul Nicholls), who can come on strong and backing them both to the hilt is their boss Detective Inspector (D.I) Natalie Chandler (Harriet Walter).
Once our police heroes start pounding the streets in the pursuit of their prime suspect by piecing together the clues of each and every heinous crime and they do not stop until the jigsaw is complete and they have enough evidence to make an arrest.
As an ardent Law and Order fan of the first order, I too had my doubts as to how well this series would crossover. My fears disappeared in the viewing of the first season. All involved are to be congratulated on making this series uniquely its own. For the seasoned Law and Order fan, there are most certainly similarities, but, the characterizations are fresh and totally different from their U.S. counterparts.
Character to watch: Bradley Walsh as Ronnie Brooks.
Journal your answers to the following questions after you watch the series.
- How does this particular character’s journey compare with yours?
- Did the character develop certain characteristics during the movie that you have or that you would like to have? If so, what are those characteristics?
- What obstacles did this character face? What was his or her biggest challenge?
- What would you have done differently if you had been in the same position as the character?
- Is this character the type of person you would be friends with? Why or why not?