No one trusts him – yet – but they have no choice to play his game, even as Agent Keen tries to figure out how he knows so much about her. I’m sure the mysteries will be revealed slowly enough to keep everyone coming back.
Without doubt, Spader will make this show. His portrayal of the seedy, yet brilliantly intelligent Reddington, leaves the viewer wanting more. Reddington knows what he wants and how to get it, using the FBI all the way. As he puts it, “The FBI works for me now.” He keeps them on their toes, and even then they can’t keep up as he maneuvers his way to shutting down the criminals he hates, letting the ones he likes go, and still managing to make you feel like he’s at least working with and for the good guys, even if he’s no saint himself.
Character to watch: James Spader as Raymond “Red” Reddington.
Journal your answers to the following questions after you watch the series.
- How does this particular character’s journey compare with yours?
- Did the character develop certain characteristics during the movie that you have or that you would like to have? If so, what are those characteristics?
- What obstacles did this character face? What was his or her biggest challenge?
- What would you have done differently if you had been in the same position as the character?
- Is this character the type of person you would be friends with? Why or why not?