As it is, The Missing is as fine a production as any full length film. The acting, direction, writing, and cinematography are all outstanding. The writers do an impressive job of toggling seamlessly over several time periods, making each scene build off the other. If you are looking for something to binge-watch in the new year, put this at the top of your list.Character to watch: Frances O’ Connor as Emily.
Journal your answers to the following questions after you watch the series.
- How does this particular character’s journey compare with yours?
- Did the character develop certain characteristics during the movie that you have or that you would like to have? If so, what are those characteristics?
- What obstacles did this character face? What was his or her biggest challenge?
- What would you have done differently if you had been in the same position as the character?
- Is this character the type of person you would be friends with? Why or why not?